Solar-powered borehole would help the emergency situation at Colourful Classrooms

Thanks to Thom from Colourful Classrooms for his update on the situation in Malawi:

I know this sounds like an emergency. Things are not well due to pandemic. 82 cases have been found so far, with 4 deaths. School and many businesses are still closed and things are getting worse and worse. People are advised to stay home....and this is very difficult for many people to do without food as you might be aware that many people in Malawi depend on food to mouth/ piecework.

I managed to distribute some pails, soaps and food packages to some of my children's parents for them to use in their homes as a way of beating the virus. As you know, most of our students come from poor families. I wish I could reach as many households as I could but the funds couldn't allow me to do so. 

I was also wondering if we could install a solar pump on our borehole before the re-opening of schools so that when the kids are back, we could be using taps instead of using the same handle borehole, and...for the toilets as well 

Thank you, and hope that you are safe
Thom

Popular posts from this blog

Knees up for Malawi!

Update from Thom and his school garden project